You will need
3 Litre and Cover
2 Litre and Cover
- 1.2kg chicken thighs
- 125ml apple cider vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic bruised
- 80ml soy sauce
- 3cm piece of ginger finely grated
- 2 long red chillies thinly sliced. Save some for serving
- 4 bay leaves
- 55g brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups of rice (prior to cooking)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chillies, bay leaves, sugar, peppercorns, onion and 1 and 1/2 cups of water in the 3 litre pan. Stir well to combine. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Move the 3 litre to your burner and place on a medium to high heat with the temperature control opened. When the whistle sounds reduce heat to medium/low for approximately 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and simmer on a medium heat with the cover off for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to your liking.
- Return the chicken to the sauce. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with steamed greens and top with sliced chilli.