Easy Chicken Parmigiana
You will need
Large skillet and cover
- 4 Chicken breasts cut in half lengthways
- 2 cups of couscous
- 700ml Passata or Napoli sauce
- 1 bag of spinach leaves
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to top
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the eggplant into rounds approximately 1.5cm thick. In the large skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the eggplant on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, layer half of the chicken, spinach, basil, mozzarella and half of the sauce. Repeat with the other half of the ingredients.
- Place the eggplant on top. Season with salt, pepper an a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Place in the over for 30-40 minutes or until golden.