Steamed Whole Fish
You will need
Either your Dine-Rite Wok and cover or large skillet and cover.
- 1 x Whole white flesh fish gutted and scaled . Snapper, Coral trout or Red Emperor would be the best choice approx 40-50 cm long
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups vegetable or fish stock
- 1 cup Shaoxin chinese wine or any cooking wine ie sherry
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and cut into fine strips
- 2 thumb size pieces of ginger peeled and cut into fine strips
- 3 stems lemongrass cut into 3cm strips and flattened.
- 1 lime juiced and zest
- Large handful of coriander chopped
- Score the fish diagonally on both sides and stuff with half the lemongrass and half the coriander.
- Place the rice in the base of the wok.
- Put the fish on top of the rice.
- Combine the ginger, chilli, garlic, wine, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and stock and pour over the fish.
- Cover with control open. When the whistle sounds turn heat to low and steam for approx 30 minutes or until fish is opaque and white.
- Sprinkle remaining coriander and zest of lime over fish and serve with the rice and steamed Asian greens.