Wok Tossed Prawns
You Will Need
Dine Rite wok and cover
1-1.5 kg medium to large green prawns
Good thumb size piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
4 large garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
1 long red chilli de seeded and finely chopped
Handful of parsley leaves chopped.
Approx 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 ciabatta loaf
- Salt flakes
- Peel and devein prawns leaving the tail on.
- Cut the ciabatta loaf into finger slices and toast gently under the grill with a brush of olive oil.
- Preheat approx 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in the wok to a medium heat . Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the wok and stir until opaque or just cooked…don’t over cook.
- Turn the heat off and add the juice of one lemon.
- Sprinkle with salt and add parsley and the balance of the olive oil.
- Stir once more to combine.
- Arrange the toasted ciabatta fingers around the edge of the wok soaking up the flavoured oil.