Updated 28 May 2020
- which personal data we collect about you
- the purpose for which we use your personal data;
- who has access to your personal data; and
- what rights you have with regard to your personal data.
You will find corresponding notes and explanations below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- "Facebook pixels"
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or PayPal), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Communication: We process personal data when you contact us or when we contact you, e.g. when you contact our customer service as well as when you write or call us. Normally, we only require information such as name and contact data and the content and time of the relevant messages. We use this data in order to provide you with information, process your request and to communicate with you.
- Purchase of goods and services: We also receive and process personal data if you make use of our services, e.g. if you purchase goods or services from us. We need e.g. your name and contact data, information on the ordered goods or services as well as means of payment. In case you wish to pay in arrears, we may also need to verify your creditworthiness, for which we are retaining the services of credit agencies. We process your personal data, for example, for the processing of orders and contracts, including the dispatch of order and shipping confirmations, delivery confirmations, delivery and invoicing, as well as warranty services. From this, we may also derive information about your preferences and affinities to certain products or services. Such information helps us to provide you with specific information about offers and to generally tailor our offer more precisely to the demands of our customers.
- Sales parties and customer events: When we hold customer events (such as product demonstrations, cooking classes and promotional events), we also process personal data. Such data include the name and address of the participants or interested parties and, other data depending on the event, e.g. your date of birth. We process this information for the purpose of carrying out customer events, but also to get in direct contact with you and attract your interest for our products and services.
- Information and direct marketing: We process personal data in many ways, including for information and marketing purposes. If you, for example, register for a newsletter, we will, for example, process your contact details, details about your nutritional habits, cooking skills and preferences, and information about your use of the newsletter and products previously purchased by you, in order to get to know you better and to attract your interest for our products.
- Competitions, contests and surveys: From time to time we also organise competitions, contests and surveys. In this case, we process your contact data and information about your participation for the purpose of carrying out the competitions, contests and surveys, as well as the contributions provided by you. Further details can be found in the respective conditions of participation.
- Job applications: We also process personal data when you apply to us. As a general rule, we require the usual information and documents as well as the ones mentioned in a job advertisement.
- Protection of rights: We process personal data in various situations in order to protect our rights, e.g. to assert claims in and out of court and before local and foreign authorities or to defend ourselves against claims. For example, we can have process prospects clarified or submit documents to an authority. Authorities may also require us to disclose documents containing personal data.
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You can at any time object to the processing of your personal data or freely withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. A right of objection exists in particular against data processing in the context of direct advertising. If you revoke your consent or effectively object to further processing for a specific purpose, we may no longer process your personal data for the corresponding purposes.
We retain your personal data for no longer than this is necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected. We moreover retain personal data as long as we have a legitimate interest in the storage, e.g. if we need personal data for the performance of contractual duties (e.g. honouring of warranty claims) for the enforcement of or the defence against claims, for archiving purposes and for guaranteeing IT security or in the case of running statutes of limitations. We also retain your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation. Other documents must only be retained for a short period, which is the case, for example, for video surveillance recordings or for recordings of certain Internet processes (log data).
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 .
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com.