Rhubarb & Strawberry Crumble
This perfectly sweet winter dessert will keep everyone in the family happy…including you. It’s easy to prepare and can be made in our 24 cm Large Skillet which goes straight from stovetop to oven and then directly to your table. Follow the recipe and video below to recreate this delicious dessert.
You will need:
- 26cm Large Skillet and Cover.
- Mixing bowl
- Bunch of Rhubarb trimmed
- Two large handfuls of Strawberries
- Rind of one orange
- Juice from one orange
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 100 grms butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- Large handful of Macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 180 c
1. Chop the Rhubarb and Strawberries and place in the skillet. Top with the orange juice, orange rind and sprinkle with sugar. Cover and place on a 3/4 burner until the whistle sounds and turn to low until the rhubarb softens…approximately 6-8 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile mix up crumble – In a bowl mix the coconut, oats, cinnamon and sugar. Make sure the butter is cut into cubes and soft. Using your hands mix the butter through the dry ingredients to complete the crumble. Put crumble mix on top of rhubarb and strawberry, Place the skillet in the oven or until the top is brown is brown and crunchy looking.
3. Serve with cream or ice cream or if you would like to be a little fancier mix a tablespoon of icing sugar and some fresh vanilla bean with some cream or double cream. Garnish with a couple of mint leaves, fresh strawberry and a dusting of icing sugar.