Smokey Bacon Pasta
You will need
5 Litre and Pasta Cooker Insert
- Approx 375g of pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic flattened and chopped
- Spanish onion sliced finely
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 100g smoked bacon
- 1 can peeled tomatos
- 1 tbsp of miniature capers
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring the 5 litre pasta cooker to the boil and add salt.
- In the large gourmet pan over a medium heat, caramelise the onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the bacon and cook for a further few minutes until golden. Sprinkle the chilli flakes, salt and pepper and capers.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. While the sauce is reducing, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook uncovered until al dente.
- Drain, reserving a cup of the water and add the pasta to the sauce, coating it fully.
- If need to be, add some of the reserved water to the dish. Serve on a platter with fresh parmesan and finely chopped flat leaf parsley.